Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mini-Vacation

We just got home from a mini-vacation to Ouray, Colorado.  It had been approximately 10 years since we had been to Ouray and in the meantime we have been all over the United States and also up into Canada. When we were in Banff and Jasper, Alberta, I almost began thinking the Canadian Rockies were more majestic than the Colorado Rockies, but after revisitng Ouray and the surrounding areas, I have come to realize there just isn't any spot more beautiful!!!

We left on Sunday morning and my husband insisted that we stop and eat lunch at a place in Buena Vista called Punky's.  He had read about it somewhere, but for weeks had been referring to it as Pinky's.  I googled Pinky's in Buena Vista and came up with one in Buena Vista, VA. (Can you believe there actually is a place called Pinky's - let alone in another town named Buena Vista?)  Then I figured out the place in question was really called Punky's. They are apparently known for their hamburgers; however, I was not impressed...





My hamburger with french fries...

Husband's hamburger with potato salad

 We arrived in Ouray around 3:00 pm and checked in to the Hot Springs Inn which I found highly recommended on the internet.  Each room has 2 king-sized pillow-top beds, fireplace and private balcony overlooking the river.  Very nice!!







balcony overlooking the river



 to be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment