Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Waltons (sniff! sniff!)



The Walton's TV show originally aired from 1972 - 1981.  I graduated from high school in May of 1971 and went away to college that fall (in the days when we didn't have TV's in our dorm rooms), so I don't know when I would have watched it.  Anyway, it seems like I must have watched the Waltons - didn't everyone?  
"Good Night, John-Boy".

A few months ago, the Hallmark channel began showing reruns of the old Walton's show.  I was looking forward to seeing the series in it's entirety.  I vaguely remembered from the late 70's that Mary Ellen married a doctor and he was later killed at Pearl Harbor.  Yesterday, I watched the show and found out that after 4 years of being a widow, Mary Ellen found out that her husband was still alive & living in Florida.  He had been injured at Pearl Harbor and was very bitter and didn't want to continue a relationship with Mary Ellen & their son.  

I'm really sad!!  Somehow I could deal with Mary Ellen being a widow and going on with her life, but it is so disappointing that her husband (I know these are fictional people) was out there somewhere & didn't love her anymore.  She did go ahead and remarry.  But now I wish I had never begun to watch the Walton's show again!!

Here is a link to a clip of where the Walton's actors are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment