Sunday, June 5, 2011

My, Oh My, I Love Shutterfly

In January, my husband bought a new camera for work.  He bought it at Best Buy and the really cool thing is that when he bought the camera, he got a coupon for a FREE 8x8 digital photo album from Shutterfly.  I have always been a proponent of traditional scrapbooking, but this weekend I absolutely fell in love with Shutterfly.  First of all, it is way faster to upload photos to Shutterfly than Kodak Gallery.  Secondly, it is fun!! You can take the "simple path" and upload your pictures and let it do the work for you, but I found that I didn't like the layouts.  So, I took the "custom path" where you can put from 1 - 25 pictures on a page. Shutterfly has different templates for 1, 2. 3, 4 and 5+ photos per page. You can pick your backgrounds and embellish your pages any way you want.  It can be very simple or you can customize to your heart's content!!

Above is the cover of my photo album.  I don't know why the picture is so blurry, but you get the idea.  With my coupon I am getting an 8x8 hard cover photo album with 20 pages - a $29.99 value (of course, I had to pay $8.50 shipping and handling).  The photo album will arrive in about 2 weeks.  After a lot of consternation, I decided to do an album of my recent trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina with my youngest daughter. You might ask why I didn't do an album filled with pages of my 8 beautiful grandchildren...well, my ninth grandchild is due in August and I've decided to make an album of ALL my grandchildren after she is born!!

No comments:

Post a Comment