Friday, June 24, 2011

Oh Happy Day!!

Do you remember Y2K and all the trepidation we felt as a new century approached?  Some people thought our electricity would fail, others thought there would be widespread computer glitches which would create havoc.  As far as I know, none of that happened.  But as the new century dawned, I had no idea what the next year as well as the next decade would have in store for me.  On one of the last days of the year 1999, my husband,  my daughter and I went skiing at one of my least favorite ski areas.  As I was getting off a ski lift, one of my skis went in a rut left by a snow-boarder.  I fell backwards and landed on my tailbone.  Since then, I have had a lot of pain when sitting for long periods - especially on hard chairs.  In the last year (probably because of my increasing age and subsequent loss of muscle) I have been in more pain.  I recently began sitting on one of those neck pillows


to ease the pain.  The odd thing about the pain was that I didn't notice it while sitting, but upon standing, the pain was excruciating.  Sometimes, after sitting on a wooden chair or other hard surface, I would have to sit on a heating pad for several hours to relieve the pain.

The good news is...I have a new chair!!!  We picked it up on Wednesday.  It is a rocker/recliner and it was on sale at American Furniture Warehouse for $209!!!  In our family room, I have a wonderful, cushy, marshmallow of a recliner (that matches my husband's), but this chair is for my sewing/craft room where I spend a good deal of time.  The great thing about this chair is that there are 3 positions to sit in (and a very soft seat) so it takes the pressure off my tail bone.  In fact, I already feel better!!!

My chair is just like this one, but tan in color.

2 comments:

  1. Love the chair! So glad you got a new one, that it was reasonable and that it's already helping! Wish we had an American Furniture here.... :( Oh and love your pic at the top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks (about the picture). I love your new blog header...

    ReplyDelete