Saturday, June 4, 2011

Score!

When I was in North Carolina visiting my daughter in April, she took me to Trader's Joe's.  (I can hardly wait to go back to NC this summer when my husband & I will have our car so I can stock up at Trader Joe's).  But back to the point, my daughter found a beautiful orchid for $8 or $9.  I've been wanting another orchid, but I've been waiting until the price was right.  Yesterday, I was at King Soopers (Kroger's) and orchids were only $9.  They also had myriads of beautiful African violets for $1.25.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool!

    Our Joe's orchid is still blooming. Sadly we haven't had any African violets in a while :( I blame school for killing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's amazing how long orchids bloom. My other one has been blooming since March. I picked this orchid for the air roots & for the blooms - I usually pick them for the color. My African violet from your rehearsal dinner recently bit the dust. I haven't figured them out yet - I can only grow orchids & cyclamen.

    ReplyDelete