Sunday, April 3, 2011

Trip to Boulder and Beyond - Part 2


We continued our trip down memory lane by stopping at the park in Lyons.  Here is a picnic shelter where I had a cookout with my Camp Fire Girl Troop when I was 11 or 12 years old.  I can't believe the shelter is still there and it looks just the same (except there are new picnic tables inside).   OK, probably the roof and rafters are new - but, of course, the stone part is the same...






Here is the place on the river where there used to be a little suspension bridge.  You can still see the rock foundation for it on the other side of the river.


On the way home we needed to make a restroom stop and noticed that a new restaurant had gone in where Fazoli's used to be in Longmont.  It is called Freddy's.  It is known for it's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers and has the best shoestring french fries!!!


We decided to eat dinner there eventhough it was only 3:30 pm.  I ordered the Chicago Dog Combo.  It was delicious (and I'm not a hot dog lover).  It was served on buttered toast - YUM-O!!!


My husband ordered the Steakburger Combo.  He said it was better than the burger at Five Guys today and reminded him of the burgers at Culvers, which he likes.






My husband got this pin at the Shelby Museum - it looks just like the Cobra emblem on the vehicles.


And I got these new Merrell hiking shoes at Sports Authority.
I'd say it was a good day!!


And here's the sole on my hiking shoes.  I will be able to climb those rocks behind the "ranch" just like a mountain goat.  I hope you all had a good weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got some great hiking boots! They look nice! (and comfy!) Freddy's reminds me of Steak and Shake or something--looks and sounds great! :)

    I can't believe that shelter is just about the same as when you visited there in campfire girls! How neat!! Thanks for the great pics! Helps me to live vicariously through you and your adventures in CO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Freddy's reminded us of Steak N Shake, too. I was thinking of you as we were leaving Freddy's - thought you might be interested in what went in there...

    ReplyDelete