Monday, April 25, 2011

Outer Banks - Manteo

I recently got home after visiting my youngest daughter in North Carolina and my middle daughter in Kentucky.  While in North Carolina, my daughter and I decided to take a little trip to the Outer Banks.  This week I will be posting some of my favorite pictures from that trip.

We left at approximately 8:00 am and drove straight through to Roanoke Island where we stopped for lunch  and split a Reuben Sandwich at Poor Richard's in historic Manteo (the locals pronounce it Man-e-oh).  I have eaten at this Sandwich shop twice and each time I've been impressed!!  The sandwiches are great!! 




Poor Richard's is located on Queen Elizabeth Ave. and the patio overlooks Shallowbag Bay.




We also visited the Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse...




This is the location of the Lost Colony.







to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment