Monday, January 31, 2011

My Favorite Things - Bybee Pottery



In the last few years I have developed a love of pottery.  In the summer of 2005, we helped our middle daughter and her new husband move to Kentucky.  We took advantage of the opportunity to explore regions of the United State that we never thought we'd never visit.  One of our favorite spots in Kentucky was a small town called Berea, which just happens to be the folk arts and crafts capital of Kentucky.  While we were there I discovered Bybee Pottery.  It is the oldest existing pottery west of the Alleghenies (established in 1809).  I love Bybee pottery because it is handmade - which means each piece has slight imperfections which increases the individuality of the piece of pottery.

Here are my canisters...

My Kentucky Hot Brown dishes...

My favorite little casserole...

2 comments: