Saturday, December 11, 2010

Patterns, and Fabric, and Scissors, Oh My...



Last year, there was a sale on corduroy at JoAnn's, so I bought several yards in 4 different designs planning to make jumpers for my Grand-daughters (ugh!  I spent $60 on fabric - does sewing really save money?).  The jumpers never did materialize (no pun intended).  So, this year, I decided to make Mother-Daughter aprons for my two older daughters and their girls.  I decided this on September 24th, after going to the annual Quilt-a-Fair.  That weekend, I made a cute apron for my youngest daughter who has a cooking blog, A Delicious Melody.  I intended to make the other 7 aprons before Christmas.  That hasn't happened.  I did, however, just finish 4 skirts for 4 of my 5 grand-daughters (my oldest grand-daughter is really picky and I know she won't wear anything I make for her).  The skirts are made out of some of the corduroy I bought last year.  I will post pictures after Christmas when my models are wearing them.

So, now, on to making 5 kiddo aprons, 2 mommie aprons...oh, and then 2 "chef" aprons for the boys...

I think I'll check Facebook...maybe I'll play Bejeweled Blitz...

Afterall, tomorrow is another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment