Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My favorite Hobby...

One of the things I love about traveling is getting to eat at restaurants which are indigenous to the area.  I have a rule of thumb that when we travel we can't go to restaurant that we have in our own state.

So, after returning from Kentucky and North Carolina I have had my fill of the regional standards such as White Castle and Krystal's.  One of my favorite places to eat in Kentucky (and surrounding areas) is 
Steak 'n Shake.  It is a step above a fast food restaurant, but is still an excellent value.  We stopped at a Steak 'n Shake in Mt Vernon, IL on the way home.  My husband had one of their famous steakburgers.  His burger, along with fries, cost just over $3.00.  I had a turkey club sandwich, which was around $5.00.  

 Turkey Club


 Steak Burger (with top bun removed)





Another new favorite of mine in the Kentucky area is a restaurant call Zaxby's.  Here again, this restaurant is a step up from fast food but still very casual dining.  They serve chicken, and I'm not a real fan of restaurant chicken, but I fell in love with their House Salad which comes with grilled or crispy chicken over a bed of lettuce, tomatoes and cucmbers.  It costs around $6.00.  Unfortunately, eventhough I enjoyed this salad four times over the course of the six weeks I was gone, I never took a picture.

To be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment