Monday, May 23, 2011

Day Trip to Estes

 Driving into Estes Park on May 7th...just look at that fresh snow...

A glimpse of the Stanley Hotel (love the 10x optical zoom on my new camera)... 

Twin Owls rock formation... 

They were having their annual duck race although we missed it... 

Here's the rest of my group, my husband, and my middle daughter and her 2 kiddos...

After some shopping we had lunch at Penelope's... 

My daughter's chili cheese dog - Yummm!!!  (Just the way I like a hot dog - with so much stuff on top you can't taste the hot dog...)

My hamburger & fries...the kiddos split a grilled cheese (I didn't get a picture)... 

No trip to Estes is complete without stopping to buy some famous salt water taffy from
The Taffy Shop...

They still use the same equipment I used to watch when I was a little kid... 

And they are always so polite... 

Yum-o!!!

 It was such a beautiful day that we stopped for a rest by the River..


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment